Monday, October 18, 2010

My days! I'm in England!!

It is grand being here and I am loving it all. They have been waiting for me to come, just as I have been. I'm so happy to be here. I saw Sister Pope today and it has been a special reunion. It's interesting because I am now the one with the accent. Elder Beus kept asking me to say certain words because he loved hearing such a ''thick accent''.
Anyway, I am living in a flat in Peterborough with 2 AMAZING Sisters. Sister Bioleome is from Germany and speaks 4 different languages and is so hilarious. Sister McKelvie is actually English and quite entertaining as well. It's a great companionship and I'm learning a lot. We are actually serving in Stamford and cover a few other towns: Bourne and Spalding, so we have a bit of a commute. Driving is fun. I got a bit car sick the first couple of days because the streets here are so windy and they are round about happy here. But it doesn't bother me so much anymore. It feels completely normal to be on the left side now too. It really is quite fun. People park their cars on the sidewalks, on lawns, or just leave them in the lane. We are often driving in the oncoming traffic lane and then pulling into a spot before a car comes. It's quite exciting.
The country is beautiful! I love it. Lots of growth and colors. It's cold already, especially when the skies are clear. Lots of cloud cover but we'll have a bit every day where we can see the blue skies.

We are happy to be here and doing what we are doing.  Looking back at the last 6 months, I think of the scripture that reads ''thine adveristy and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment''. They have come, and now they've gone. I know there are yet more on their way, but I got through what was before me at the time and I've made it! The Lord is indeed good to me. I know He will never forsake us if we endure our trials with faith and trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment