Monday, October 25, 2010

Hubcaps and disgusted old ladies

I loved hearing from so many of you. You are de best!!  I am writing to you a rather happy soul.  We see so many little miracles each day, and so many more happen that I know we don't realize.

So, I drove this week for the first time. It's pretty trippy. The roads are so tiny and I kept hugging to the left. I hit the curb a couple times, lost a hubcap, and took a road that somehow put me the opposite way in a round about. Other than that, it went well.  We've talked a couple times to a certain old lady named Thelma (pronounced Felma), and the last time we somehow got on the subject of knitting. When we told her we didn't know how to knit, she was absolutely astonished. She said over and over ''Oh, that's disgusting!''  She's lovely.

Sister Bioleome and Sister McKelvie are so great and we are having such a great time.  It's just fun how we all have something different to offer due to our different backgrounds and cultures. I love it. 

The Church and the principles of the Gospel are the same here as they are all throughout the world. This alone is reason enough to believe it to be the only true and living church on the earth. I am so grateful for the witness I have each day of it's truthfulness. It is something I hold dear and it brings such joy to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment